July 10, 2012 - L4D Team
Competitive Versus Mutation
Confogl is a set of rules for competitive L4D2 Versus that standardizes many of the elements and changes item and weapon distribution. In general it tips the balance a bit more towards the Infected.
ProdigySim, the creator of this Mutation, has made another update based on community feedback.
- Single hunting rifle given out in saferoom on non-intro maps, other hunting rifles removed.
- Spitters removed from spawn rotation while Tank is in play.
- Natural hordes are removed.
- Hunting Rifle reserve ammo increased by 70 bullets.
- Extra witches spawning on round 2 of Hard Rain chapter 2 are removed.
- Item Limits and limiting algorithm tweaked.
This week would be a good time to test this mutation. We are hoping these final tweaks are good and we will make this the version we include in the big update. So please – if you can – play it this week. Any guesses on how many unique players we can get to give it a try this week?
Cold Stream Release
In case you just read the in-game blog – good news. We have a release date for Cold Stream! The entire DLC consisting of Blood Harvest, Crash Course, Cold Stream, Dead Air, and Death Toll, will be released on July 24th.
With the update going out at the same time (also for the PC), all of the mutations will be available at all times. This will allow players to choose to match into games playing Taannkk!, Gib Fest, or even a user created mutation like Confogl.
For PC players we also updated the featured community campaign to Blood Tracks.
Grab it from here
and you can choose to play it on Official Dedicated since we have updated our servers with it.